Monday, August 2, 2010

What is it about scene kids?



That whole 'grouping together because of similar style' thing that happens a lot with emo and scene kids. I mean, I have nothing against scene/emo kids but it seems as if the only reason they like dressing in that way is because it somehow gives them an identity to other people and makes them feel comfortable having a place in society. Kinda like how hipsters identify themselves on how many 'underground' bands they listen to. I believe that's why they get so angry whenever a band they like goes mainstream, even when the quality of music has not dropped. Liking something unknown makes them feel unique I think. It's a way to separate themselves from the masses and establish their own identity. It's something all people strive for, an identity.



It's kinda stupid that some people believe that through styling the same as their peers, they are expressing their individuality. Everything has been done before, stop trying so hard. I hate it when people describe themselves as random on their profile descriptions. If you are TRUELY random then I don't see the need to announce yourself so (and no, I'm not being hypocritical). Just like those people that describe themselves as clumsy to sound cute. Real clumsiness is NOT cute people! It can actually be pretty painful (first-hand experience). That's another reason why I hate Bella from Twilight, and Twilight in general.



Anyhow, I actually think emo/scene kids are pretty cute. Their style choice isn't that bad unless they claim it is 'unique'. Pfffft, yeah right. I think 80's glam rock and visual kei beat you to it. Though I'd rather have a bunch of visual kei guys and gyaru gals around than scene kids.


(I love you Alice Nine!~♥)

This was just an inquisitive rant on these kind of subgroups.
Live your life the way you want, just be down to earth. No one in the world is exactly like you, so don't try too hard.

Did you know?

Shakespeare's works contain first-ever recordings of 2,035 English words, including critical, frugal, excellent, barefaced, assassination, and countless.

Happy living!

No comments:

Post a Comment